Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 12 - Grated Cheese Omelet

After last night's extravaganza (knocking off five recipes!), I thought I'd play it safe today and just go for one of Martha's omelet variations.

Grated Cheese Omelet (p. 89)

FNBF got to pick his omelet filling this morning, and he went for grated cheese. I had the better part of a hunk of Goat Gouda, which I'd bought for my guests last night. Goat Gouda is one of my favorite all-time cheeses, and until today, I had only eaten it sliced on a cracker. But it turns out, it grates really well and tastes great in an omelet!

This being my second Martha omelet attempt, I wanted to be sure not to repeat the tearing thing that happened the first time around. And while I don't think I got the pan hot enough at the beginning, I did manage to work it out and make a very nice, tear-free (and tear-free) omelet. The eggs were somewhat wet when I served it, which is not usually my M.O., but I have to say, it worked nicely with the cheese.

Jeff: A
Martha: A


The cool thing that's happening is: I'm starting to really understand how things work and am finding that I can troubleshoot things along the way that might have flummoxed me before. I can tell this is going to be a year of great expansion and development!

Until we eat again...

No comments:

Post a Comment