Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 43 - Omelet with Caramelized Onions

Laura Patinkin and I have been close friends since 1986 - she and Casey (from Day 37) and I met all those years ago performing together in the Equity Library Theatre production of The Pajama Game, my first show in New York City. It will always hold a special place in my memories, particularly for having introduced me to two such great people.

Now that Laura lives in Westchester with her husband and three children, I don't get to see her nearly enough. But we recently joined forces to do a couple of concerts in the Holy Land, aka Boca Raton, which gave us a great excuse to have to spend a lot of time together. And now that the concerts are over, we miss each other! Hence, breakfast today.

Omelet with Caramelized Onions (p. 89)


Yes, it's yet another omelet variation. Would you believe I still have three more left?

This one involves sautéing, well, actually, caramelizing onions for quite a long time, about 45 minutes, the first five minutes or so at a high heat, and then the last 40 with the flame lowered.

I went with Martha's suggestion to add a teaspoon of sugar, to enhance the onion's natural sweetness. It was subtle and just right for this application, given that I also threw a little goat cheese in there. This was a great-tasting omelet.

Jeff: A
Martha: A



I'm posting a picture of Laura with omelet, although she had just been working out and is very self-conscious about how she looked. I have to mention that she's still a total babe (or MILF, I should say) and just to make sure she feels well-represented, I'll show you her headshot, so you can see how she usually presents herself.

Incidentally, I just dug my good camera out of the rubble, and I'll have much better pictures from now on!

Until we eat again....



Laura, post workout, pre omelet






Laura's Headshot

No comments:

Post a Comment